Monday, November 16, 2009

no more television woes








I've noticed that in the past couple years most major network sitcoms and dramas have gone very down hill. Shows like The Office, Family Guy, and 24 just aren't what they used to be. Luckily cable and premium cable is still delivering fantastic TV. My two favorite networks are HBO and FX. They produce shows like The Sopranos, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and FX's recent addition "The League." As someone who's favorite sitcoms are Seinfeld, Curb, Sunny and Entourage, I am loving "The League" so far. Its about a group of middle aged men who stay connected through a fantasy football league. Similar to Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, "The League" doesn't have any big stars. But the characters in the show make up for its lack of recognizability. The series is only three episodes in and I am already hooked. The show is very crude and surprisingly shocking at times. Being that its on FX it can get away with a lot more than shows on NBC or FOX. Also for any Seinfeld fan that for some reason hasn't been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, this season would be the best possible time to start. Seven seasons in, Curb has truly hit its stride. This season, in my opinion, has been the funniest season of any show I've ever watched. So for those of you who feel that TV has been tanking, start watching The League, and jump into Curb or Sunny and you won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment