Albeit a brief break, I can't wait for Thanksgiving. My sister and her husband just recently moved to Memphis, Tennessee where my family will be celebrating Turkey Day this year. I haven't visited Memphis since Katie and Collin (sister and husband) got their new house so I am really excited for the trip. They live just a couple miles from the famous Beale St and for anyone who loves live music, you can't get much better than what plays on Beale. The last time I visited Memphis I got to go to Graceland and took a tour of Sun Studios. We spent each night listening to live music (mainly jazz/blues) at least until the bars kicked me out at 9 for not being 21. This year however, I am of age and am looking forward to spending more time on beale street at the bars and music clubs.
This year, my family will also be participating in some sort of walk-a-thon on Thanksgiving Day (called the Turkey Trot), which involves walking 4 miles in an effort raise money for something (a group or organization or school, I don't even know). This idea came from my Mom, being that she has been going through a major exercise phase...and hey, why not do something nice while we're at it.
Obviously the other great part about Thanksgiving, is the food. My dad and I always talk about how we would be perfectly content with having the classic Thanksgiving meal (turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing etc.) for every dinner for the rest of our lives. and don't forget the pumpkin pie. The perfect combination of turkey with some stuffing and mashed potatoes, topped with gravy, is the goal for every bite.
Just thinking about it right now is making my mouth water.




No comments:
Post a Comment